recap of how Rome ruined me
Last year when I visited Rome, I remember not loving it but not hating it. To me, Rome seemed like your typical big city. However, this year on my visit to Rome, my expectations were immensely exceed and I am longing to go back as soon as I can! Rome (and its many ancient ruins) ruined me for countless reasons. Here's why:
1) Rome spoiled me with its abundance of ancient sites, ruins, museums, and historical landmarks. How can any place compare to Rome's historical significance? There is really no other place on earth like this city!
2) Rome left me with new friends that made it sad to say goodbye. One of the best things about traveling is the people you meet. Rome left me with many new friends and memories that I will always cherish. Although Rome left me with new friends, it sadly left me with goodbyes that I wish I didn't have to make!
3) Rome gave me two of the greatest gelato experiences of my life. Gelato will never taste as good as it did at La Romana. Now how will I go on living my life knowing this incredible gelato exists but only on the entire opposite end of the world as me..? It's just torture!
4) Rome gave me exceptionally high expectations for dates. It's not fair that Roman's can go on dates to the Trevi fountain, the Spanish steps, and other cute landmarks. Why can't every city be as romantic as it.
5) Rome ruined my life entirely by introducing me to my new favorite thing: pistachio cream. Unfortunately, Rome also sabotaged me because I bought a jar of this amazing stuff, only to have it thrown out at Rome airport security on the way to Greece. WHY.
6) Rome ruined my bank account by having every store known to man. It is a crime to shop when there are so many other sites to see, but sometimes you can't help but get lured in and then blow all of your money.
7) Rome left me entirely sleep deprived. I'm pretty sure it may be called the eternal city because you never get any sleep in Rome. How is there any time to sleep when you can spend your evenings strolling around the city with new friends, socializing, and eating gelato?
8) Rome left me in love with the city, its people, and everything from its chaotic traffic to incredible pizza. I even miss the aggressive vendors somehow... Now I am heartbroken to be apart from it! How could you do this to me Rome?!
So now you see, Rome has completely and utterly ruined me--but in the best way! I am so sad to be gone, but so thankful and joyous to have such incredible memories.