Amsterdam & April
When you get word that your friend found cheap tickets to London, you start to intensely stalk the airfare prices until you somehow stumble upon a cheap ticket to Amsterdam for $450 round trip. When you find that ticket, you buy it ASAP. So that is exactly how I ended up in Amsterdam for my spring break this year. I couldn't pass up the adventure!! Luckily, some of my family members decided to join in on the trip so it turned out to be a random partial family vacation of sorts.
I'd been to Amsterdam before but only for two or three days so I didn't really know too much about the city except that I remember thinking it was so cute last time I went. My trip this go around gave me so much more appreciation and love for the city and I left Amsterdam wishing I could stay longer.
Some of my favorite highlights:
- Seeing the beautiful tulips at Keukenhof Gardens
- Renting a car to drive out to a completely random town I found on the internet and being the only tourists
- Staying in an Airbnb on the most adorable street
- Going on a biking tour (and not dying somehow--my sister ran into a car!!)
- STROOPWAFELS, CHOCOLATE, CAFES, CHEESE
- Going to the largest vintage market in Europe (taking vintage to the next level)
- Watching my mom pull out her Rick Steves guidebook everywhere
- Seeing my friends Lani and Cezann who were studying abroad for the week
- The beautiful architecture
- Learning so much more about the Dutch culture
- Spending time with my brother, sister and mom. We made such priceless memories that I will always cherish and love. Traveling with family can be a struggle at times but the memories you make will usually become some of your most beloved.